12 months to go
- Give up the junk food and replace it with fresh fruit, salads and vegetables, as this will help boost your immune system.
- Start drinking the recommended daily 1.5 to 2 litres of water if you don’t do so already, as its important to keep your skin hydrated.
- Start doing some exercise so that you look and feel great on the wedding day.
6 months to go
- Try to make sure you start to get plenty of sleep, aim for eight hours each night, otherwise you will look tried in your wedding photographs.
- If you don’t do so already start to exfoliate once or twice a week. If you are someone who has sensitive skin don’t worry there are a whole range of products available, and if you don’t like the look of them you can always make your own.
- Cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day.
- Use whitening toothpaste which can help to remove any unsightly stains allowing you to smile with confidence.
- If you want a tan on your wedding day and can’t afford to go away before the big day then you could use a self-tan. Start trying these now so that you can experiment with shades and find one you are happy with.
3 months to go
- Go and have your nails done. If you bite your nails and are conscious about it, then you can always have false nails.
- Moisturise your hands regularly so that they don’t dry out.
- Have your eyebrows done. If you have sensitive skin you might ask if you can have them threaded rather than waxed.
The night before
- Have a soak in the tub with some aromatherapy oils, as they will help you sleep, and if that fails you can always try Horlicks.
- It’s time for your Makeover!
Basic beauty tips
- Water – at least 2 litres a day, really does work wonders for your skin, eyes and wellbeing.
Sleep – no matter how excited or stressed you feel, lack of sleep will show, so make sure you get a good nights sleep as often as possible in the run up to your big day.
Eat properly – we all want to lose lose a few pounds before the wedding but starving yourself will make you look ill and even make your body hold onto fat. Your body needs fuel – even moreso when you are running on adrelalion through excitement and nerves