By Deanna Leevy
When it comes time to take a group vacation, there are only a couple of major options available. The first is to plan each part of the trip on your own, which gives you a custom vacation, but with a lot of work. The second way is to check into group travel packages which have already been set up to take care of groups and will provide you with a vacation you’ll never forget. There are several major advantages of getting a travel package that make it by far the better option.
1. Reduce Stress of Planning A group vacation package covers every aspect of your trip, from the lodging to the food, transportation, activities, and the overall itinerary. You won’t have to worry at all about planning each of these parts separately because it’s already been taken care of for the whole group. This means all you have to do is decide on the perfect package and you’re done.
2. Get Local Insight Group packages are often created by people who live where you’ll be going and who know what’s really appealing to do while you’re there. Having local insights into the best of the best means you’ll be able to avoid the tourist traps and experience a vacation where you get to really enjoy the city or region.
3. Have On-Site Support When you’re on a vacation, you know there’s always things that can go wrong, from miscommunications with your reservations to weather issues or unexpected health problems. When you’ve purchased a group vacation package, you have a contact person who can sort out these problems, allowing you to sit back and enjoy the trip.
4. Free You to Plan Details If your group travel is for a work conference, wedding, or other special event, you have things on your mind that you need to take care of besides the accommodations, food, transportation, and activities. Allowing the professionals to take care of these things enables you to focus on the fun part of the trip instead.
5. Get Deep Discounts Many reduced rates are available, but only if you know the right people. Whereas you wouldn’t be able to get the discount by calling yourself on behalf of the group, the company planning your trip has all of the right connections and can get you a reduced group rate on every part of your vacation.
Next time you’re in charge of planning a trip for a lot of people, look into group travel packages. They’ll save you time and make your travel much more enjoyable.
Deanna Leevy and her friends took advantage of Vail group packages and are convinced it’s the only way to travel. Vail.com is the best place to find these great Vail lodging deals and group discounts.