Master The BasicsTo prepare a smooth canvas for your makeup, always start off with clean, moisturized skin. You’ll find that your makeup glides on and blends more easily.
1. Keep your skin free of buildup by using a gentle cleanser in the morning and at night. When cleansing your face, do so gently in upward motion stokes – do not tug, pull or scrub too hard to prevent irritation.
2. Freshen up your skin with a toner containing ingredients that suit your skin type.
3. Indulge your skin and keep it hydrated with a moisturizer that is compatable with your skin type. Make sure your daytime moisturizer contains SPF to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
4. Treat yourself to an at-home-facial 2 to 3 times a week. Use a mild cleanser, then exfoliate with a gentle scrub that contains exfoliants that are round and non-abrasive.
5. Apply a facial mask after exfoliating. Rinse off thoroughly and get a good night’s sleep!
Tip: Even when you’re steering clear of the sun, or it appears to be a cloudy day, always be sure your makeup foundation or moisturizer contains SPF 15 or higher.