By Nicole L. Arnolds
Your wedding day is one of the most important events in your life. That’s why you really have to look your best. You have to make sure that you’ll be the belle of the ball of your wedding party. Here are some makeup tips for you:
1. Choose a makeup artist- if you are comfortable doing your makeup, then go ahead and do it. If not, then either you should tap the skill of a friend or hire a professional to take care of this for you. One of the advantages of letting a professional do it is the fact that you’ll feel less stressed and pressured. All you have to do is relax and be your best.
2. Book a trial – if you’re going to hire a makeup artist, make sure that you book a trial weeks or months before the wedding. Take photos of yourself to make sure that you’ll look great on pictures too. Through trials you’ll know which products and look will suit your face and skin type.
3. Ask for Advice – if you want to do your own makeup, make sure you ask for advice from the professionals. You can either seek help from a friend who has a deft hand in this department or you can go to a makeup counter. Discuss about the products that will suit you. Make sure that you choose the products that are long-lasting.
4. Prevent breakouts – if your current skin care regimen works for you, there’s no need for you to change it a few days or weeks before your wedding. You’ll never know if these new products will work well in your skin. If you want to receive intensive treatment, visit a good beautician or dermatologist a few months before your wedding. This way if there would be breakouts, your skin will have enough time to heal.
5. Drink a lot of water – hydrate your skin by drinking a lot of water a few months before you walk down the aisle. As basic and simple as this may sound, it really works.
6. Moisturize – make sure that you clean and moisturize your skin regularly. If you have oily skin type, try using oil-free moisturizers. Do this on the day of your wedding day too. Make sure that you let your moisturizer sit for at least 20 minutes before applying your foundation. This way, it can properly be absorbed by your skin and will not interfere with the effect of the foundation.